For decades we have advised leading global and domestic financial institutions and sponsors in complex transactions and other client-matters in the banking, securities, insurance and asset management sectors.
Our clients include global and domestic commercial and investment banks, insurers, reinsurers, asset managers and funds, who we have advised on mergers and acquisitions, financings, securities offerings, restructurings, regulatory and product development.
Our practice also includes advising financial sponsors on regulatory investigations. Through our years of involvement in the sector, we have developed close working relationships with industry regulators, including the Ministry of Finance (Secretaría de Hacienda y Crédito Público), the National Banking and Securities Commission (Comisión Nacional Bancaria y de Valores) and the Central Bank (Banco de México).
Below is a list (which is organized in alphabetical order based on our client’s name) of selected matters which is intended to give a brief indication of our experience in the financial institutions sector:
- Counsel to ACE Group in the acquisition of ABA Seguros, S.A. de C.V., a Mexican insurance company owned by Ally Financial Inc., and ACE Limited.
- Counsel to Advent International in the acquisition of an equity interest in Invercap and the granting of convertible loans to Invercap, a Mexican pension fund.
- Counsel to Afore SURA and Afore Banamex, in the equity investment in Integradora de Servicios Petroleros Oro Negro, through Banco Nacional de México, División Fiduciaria.
- Counsel to Ally Financial and Residential Capital in the sale of 100% of the capital stock of its Mexican subsidiary GMAC Financiera, S.A. de C.V., to Admantine Fund.
- Counsel to AlphaCredit Capital, S.A. de C.V., SOFOM, E.N.R., in the acquisition of 51% of the stock in Aeternam, S.A.P.I. de C.V., a newly created company that acquired all assets and liabilities owned by Total Credit, S.A.P.I. de C.V.
- Counsel to AXA Seguros in the sale of its bonding business to Afianzadora Sofimex.
- Counsel to AXA Seguros in its acquisition of ING Seguros, S.A.
- Counsel to Banco Santander, S.A., in the merger of Santander Asset Management and Pioneer Investments to create a leading global asset manager in Europe and Latin America.
- Counsel to the shareholders of Concesiones Integrales, S.A. de C.V., in the investment and financing by Banca Monex, S.A., División Fiduciaria of 75% of Concesiones Integrales’ capital; as well as in the financing by Banco Interacciones, S.A., as lender, of the new investors in the structuring of the investment and financing.
- Counsel to Deutsche Bank in the sale of its real estate investments in Mexico to a newly formed fund managed by Deutsche Bank.
- Counsel to GE Capital in the sale of its mortgage business in Mexico to Banco Santander.
- Counsel to Genworth Financial in the acquisition by AXA Seguros of 100% of Genworth Lifestyle Protection Insurance.
- Counsel to Genworth Financial in connection with the acquisition by Talanx/HDI, of Genworth’s life/non-life Mexican subsidiary.
- Counsel to Grupo CP, Casanueva Perez, S.A.P.I. de C.V., in the subscription and acquisition of 51% of the capital stock of Unifin, Agente de Seguros y Fianzas,S.A. de C.V.
- Counsel to Grupo CP, Casanueva Pérez, S.A.P.I. de C.V., in the acquisition by Jinterprotek, S.A.P.I. de C.V., an SPV, of Grupo CP, of 100% of the voting rights of HJK, Agente de Seguros y Fianzas, S.A. de C.V., Financial Lines Advisory Group, S. de R.L. de C.V., and Flag Assist, S.A.P.I. de C.V., respectively.
- Counsel to JP Morgan Capital Corporation and The O’Connor Group in the Peabody Group’s equity investment in G.Acción.
- Counsel to Livingston International Inc., in its acquisition of JP Morgan Chase Vastera Inc., including its Mexican subsidiary JP Morgan Chase Vastera Mexico, S. de R.L. de C.V., JP Morgan Chase’s customs and trade compliance services.
- Counsel to Merril, Lynch in the purchase of the Mexican processed foods businesses of Del Monte Corporation.
- Counsel to Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity in the acquisition of Grupo Convermex, S.A. de C.V.
- Counsel to Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund VI and Impulsora Mexicana de Desarrollos Inmobiliarios, S.A. de C.V., in the divestiture of Morgan Stanley, and the investment of Temasek, sovereign fund of Singapore, in the real estate development known as “El Refugio” and “Zibata”, located in the States of Guanajuato and Querétaro, in Mexico.
- Counsel to Nacional Financiera, S.N.C., I.B.D., in connection with its machinery and equipment acquisition financing to Metalwork & Stamping, S.A. de C.V.
- Counsel to Prudential Financial, as seller, of a 50% interest in Afore XXI, one of Mexico’s largest pension funds, to Banorte-Ixe, the largest Mexican controlled financial group in Mexico.
- Counsel to RSA Insurance in connection with the acquisition by Suramericana, S.A., Grupo SURA´s insurance and risk management subsidiary, of RSA Insurance´s operations in Latina America.
- Counsel to RSA Seguros Mexico, a subsidiary of RSA Insurance, in the transfer of its individual medical expense portfolio to BUPA Mexico.
- Counsel to Warburg Pincus y General Atlantic in the indirect acquisition by Finesp Holding II, B.V., a subsidiary of Warburg Pincus, of 50% of Banco Santander (México) asset management business in Mexico, Brazil and Spain.