We represent some of the most important companies in the healthcare industry, providing counsel on a variety of corporate matters. Our involvement in complex transactions, together with our expertise in the regulatory framrework governing the pharmaceutical industry, provides us with unparalleled expertise within the sector.
Below is a list (which is organized in alphabetical order based on our client’s name) of selected matters which, is intended to give a brief indication of our experience in the healthcare sector:
- Counsel to Arcu TM, S.A.P.I. de C.V., a special purpose vehicle of Arcu Capital I, S.A.P.I. de C.V. in the acquisition of a hospital in Mexico City known as “Torre Médica” through the acquisition of all of the assets from Corporativo Torre Médica, S.C., Imagen de la Torre Médica 2000, S.A. de C.V., Laboratorio de la Torre Médica, S.A. de C.V. and Torre Médica, S.A. de C.V., necessary to own and operate the hospital.
- Counsel to Arcu Capital I, S.A.P.I. de C.V. in the acquisition of 100% of medical clinics and laboratories operated as Grupo Médico Tonalá or “GMT”, in the Mexico City metropolitan area through the acquisition of 100% of the shares of Dirección y Administración de Servicios Médicos GMT, S.A. de C.V.
- Counsel to Berry Plastics Corporation, a global leader in healthcare packaging that develops a variety of products for the medical and healthcare industries, in the acquisition of a division of Rexam Plc business of healthcare containers.
- Counsel to BlackRock in the acquisition of 50% of a high specialty regional hospital in the State of Mexico, known as “Hospital Regional de Alta Especialidad de Zumpango” through the acquisition of 50% of the shares of two entities to which the State of Mexico adjudicated a long term service agreement.
- Counsel to Cardiva Medical, Inc., a medical device company that develops and commercializes innovative vascular technologies, in a secured financing granted by GE Capital Corporation.
- Counsel to Forest Finance B.V. as lender in connection with a secured financing to Moksha8 Farmacéutica, S. de R.L. de C.V.
- Counsel to GE Capital Corporation in a secured facility granted to Salter Labs a manufacturer and distributor of medical respiratory products worldwide.
- Counsel to I Cuadrada Zumpango, S.A.P.I. de C.V., the investment vehicle of the I2 Infrastructure Fund in a secured loan facility for the construction and equipment of a high specialty regional hospital in the State of Mexico, known as “Hospital Regional de Alta Especialidad de Zumpango” with a convertible feature of a portion of the facility into equity of the borrower.
- Counsel to Medi Access, S.A.P.I. de C.V., in the acquisition of Médica Integral, GNP, S.A. de C.V., from Grupo Nacional Provincial, S.A.B. de C.V.
- Counsel to Onex Partners in the acquisition of the health group business comprising medical, dental and molecular imaging from Eastman Kodak.