We have an ample and long-established experience representing local and global manufacturing and industrial conglomerates and servicing clients in establishing, acquiring and growing operations in Mexico. We offer our clients the full gamut of our transactional capabilities, including mergers & acquisitions, financing and real estate.
We also advise our clients on corporate, operational and commercial matters, as well as taxation, labor and environmental. Our work includes advising on the establishment of operations and facilities under Maquiladora and similar import-export and customs regimes.
Our clients include companies operating in the automotive, construction, chemical, distribution, logistics, manufacturing and machinery sectors.
Below is a list (which is organized in alphabetical order based on our client’s name) of selected matters which, is intended to give a brief indication of our experience in the industrial and manufacturing sector:
- Counsel to Merril Lynch, in the acquisition of Grupo Convermex, S.A. de C.V., a company that manufactures recyclable plastic products.
- Counsel to Outokumpu Oyj and ThyssenKrupp AG in connection with the pre-merger filing regarding the combination of Outokumpu and Inoxum, ThyssenKrupp’s stainless steel business.
- Counsel to the shareholders of AMCO Internacional, in the sale to Brenntag AG, of 100% of AMCO Internacional, a specialty chemical distributor of aroma chemicals, essential oils and food ingredients.
- Counsel to O. Smith in connection the asset and stock sale by A.O. Smith of its electric motor business to Regal Beloit.
- Counsel to Apollo Management in the cross-border acquisition of Covalence Specialty Materials Corp., formerly the plastics and adhesives operation of Tyco International; including the asset acquisition of a maquiladora manufacturing facility located in Tijuana, B.C. and an equity interest in a Mexican subsidiary.
- Counsel to Archroma Textiles México, S. de R.L. de C.V., in the refinancing of existing debt with Jefferies Finance and acquisition of additional lines of business throughout multiple jurisdictions.
- Counsel to Bank of America, N.A., as agent in a credit agreement granted by a syndicate of banks, as lenders, arranged by Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner& Smith, Incorporated, in favor of Werner Co., leader in the manufacturing and distribution of aluminum and fiberglass ladders for the refinancing of existing financial debt
- Counsel to BBVA Bancomer Securities Inc., JP Morgan Securities LLC., Morgan Stanley & Co LLC and Santander Investment Securities Inc., in the issuance of US$750 million aggregate principal amount of Mexichem’s 5.875% Senior Unsecure Notes due 2044.
- Counsel to Cerberus Capital Management in the acquisition of ABC Group Inc., one of the world’s leading full-service automotive suppliers of thermoplastic components and systems to original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s).
- Counsel to Cerberus Capital Management on all Mexican laws aspects of the Chrysler acquisition and subsequent divestiture to Fiat spa.
- Counsel to Data Device Corporation in the acquisition, through a special purpose vehicle, incorporated by Beta Transformer Technology Corporation, a subsidiary of Data Device Corporation, of all assets owned by Técnicas y Servicios Internacionales, S.A. de C.V., and US-Mex Manufacturing Corporation.
- Counsel to Eton Park Capital in the US$434 million leveraged acquisition of Kimberly-Clark Mexico’s industrial paper division.
- Counsel to Futurama Chemical Co., Ltd in the acquisition of Innovia’s Cellophane business and assets.
- Counsel to GE Capital Corporation, as administrative agent, in connection with a senior secured revolving credit agreement in favor of International Automotive Components Group North America, Inc., as borrower.
- Counsel to GE Canada Finance Holding Company, as lender and agent, under the certain senior first lien credit agreements in favor of Meridian Lightweight Technologies Inc., a leading supplier of innovative lightweight cast metal solutions for the transportation industry and Magnesium Products of America Inc., producer of magnesium alloy high-pressure die-cast components, as borrowers.
- Counsel to GE Capital Corporation, as agent and lender, in a secured financing in favor of Pace Industries, LLC and Pace Industries, Inc., a company that provides quality die casting, manufacturing and engineering solutions worldwide.
- Counsel to JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as administrative agent, under a credit agreement in favor of Rea Magnet Wire Company, Inc., as borrower, leader in supplying magnet wire for manufacturers.
- Counsel to Koch Companies Public Sector LLC, in the asset and stock sale of the Polyester Resin and Polyester Staple business of Invista S.a.r.l.in South Carolina (USA) and Queretaro (Mexico).
- Counsel to One Equity Partners, the private global investment branch of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., in the acquisition of PeroxyChem (formerly FMC Global Peroxygens) a division of FMC Corporation, specialized in hydrogen peroxide, in connection with its assets located in Mexico.
- Counsel to Monroe Capital Partners Fund LP in a secured financing for the acquisition of HD Branch Acquisition, LLC, Vista Automotive Acquisition, LLC and a portion of equity interest in Manufacturera Mexicana de Partes de Automóviles S.A. de C.V., as well as for working capital needs.
- Counsel to Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, Accival Banamex and HSBC Mexico, in the Alpek S.A.B. de C.V., IPO, a chemical manufacturing company, under rule 144A/Regulation S of the Securities Act 1933, which involved a simultaneous public offering of shares in Mexico through the Bolsa Mexicana de Valores, S.A.B. de C.V
- Counsel to OneSteel in the acquisition of the Moly-Cop from Anglo American plc., through a competitive process.
- Counsel to One Equity Partners in the acquisition of PeroxyChem leading global supplier of oxidative solutions based on hydrogen peroxide complemented by adjacent technologies to the electronics, energy, environmental, food safety, and other industrial markets.
- Counsel to Nucor Corporation in the acquisition of industrial land in Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico for the establishment of an industrial plant.
- Counsel to Nucor Corporation in the indirect purchase of a 50% interest in Steel Technologies, Inc. and consequently Nucor’s indirect acquisition of a 50% indirect interest in Steel Technologies subsidiaries worldwide, which includes the Mexican corporation named Steel Technologies de México, S.A. de C.V.
- Counsel to Regal Beloit Corporation in acquisition of 100% of the shares of Tecnojar, S.A. de C.V. and Makel México, S.A. de C.V.
- Counsel to Rhodia SA in the purchase of 100% of the capital stock of OneCarbon International B.V.’s Mexican subsidiary.
- Counsel to SK Capital Partners in the acquisition of three specialty chemical divisions of Clariant AG.
- Counsel to Société Générale, as agent, and a syndicate of banks, as lenders, under a Facilities Agreement granted in favor of CIE Automotive, S.A., for refinancing an existing financial debt under several credit agreements.
- Counsel to Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc in the acquisition from its local partners of the remaining 51% equity in its Mexican operating company, Spirax-Sarco Mexicana S.A. de C.V.
- Counsel to The Sterling Group in the acquisition of DuPont´s worldwide bag-in-box flexible packaging business operated by Liqui-box Corporation.
- Counsel to Tupy S.A., in connection with the acquisition of Cifunsa Diesel, S.A. de C.V. and Technocast, S.A. de C.V., from Grupo Industrial Saltillo and Caterpillar, making Tupy the largest global manufacturer and distributor of iron heads and blocks for the production of gasoline engines in the automotive industry.