Mr. Valadez is counsel at Creel, García-Cuéllar, Aiza y Enríquez, S.C., in Mexico City where he specializes in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, and complex real estate transactions. He advises sellers, buyers, financial sponsors, as well as foreign, local and strategic investors.
He obtained his law degree (JD equivalent) from the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM) in 2008, and an LL.M degree in Corporate Law from New York University School of Law in 2014.
Mr. Valadez worked as an International Visiting Attorney in the M&A team of the New York office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP & Affiliates.
As of 2021, Mr. Valadez has been recognized as recommended lawyer by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA) in the area of “Corporate and M&A”.
Some of the most relevant matters he has worked on include:
- Advised Blackstone Infrastructure Partners, in the acquisition of a minority interest in FRS Capital Corp. in 2019, and in its subsequent acquisition of the remaining stake in such company in 2021.
- Advised Tupperware Brands in the sale of House of Fuller (pending closing).
- Advised Steel Dynamics, Inc., in its acquisition of Zimmer, S.A. de C.V. from the founding shareholders.
- Advised Vanta Education in the sale of Universidad Latinoamericana, S.C. to Lottus Education.
- Advised Mexico Retail Partners in the sale of 2 portfolios of shopping centers to FIBRA Uno.
- Advised Aimbridge Hospitality, Inc., in its acquisition of Grupo Hotelero Prisma, S.A.P.I. de C.V.
- Advised MIRA Companies in its investment in multiple commercial real estate investments and joint ventures.
- Advised a group of sellers in the sale of the companies operating the brands “XO de Chihuahua” to Qualtia Alimentos, focused on the business of commercializing, processing and distributing meat.
- Advised Colony Partners in its investment in the companies that operate the business of “Capa de Ozono”, in the sale of the brand “Capa de Ozono”, and in the leveraged acquisition of Moda Holding, S.A.P.I. de C.V. (which operates the brand “Dorothy Gaynor”).
- Advised Citigroup, Inc. in the sale of its consumer banking businesses in Nicaragua to Grupo Financiero Ficohsa, and in Costa Rica and Panamá to Scotiabank.
- Advised Glisco Partners in the acquisition of a minority interest in Diavaz DEP, S.A.P.I. de C.V. and Casanueva Pérez, S.A.P.I. de C.V.
- Represented Macquarie Mexican Infrastructure Fund in the acquisition of Concesionaria Universidad Politécnica de San Luis Potosí, S.A. de C.V.
- Advised GE Capital in the sale of TIP de Mexico, S. de R.L. de C.V. to Linzor Capital Partners.
- Advised GE Capital in the sale of its US$2 billion portfolio of mortgage business in Mexico to Banco Santander.
His native language is Spanish and he is fluent in English.