Carlos Yamamoto is counsel at Creel, García-Cuéllar, Aiza y Enríquez S.C. in Mexico City, where he specializes in Real Estate transactions. Carlos has actively represented domestic and international entities in the acquisition, leasing and development of real estate properties for retail, industrial, hospitality and residential projects, as well as in corporate reorganizations and joint ventures with real estate components.
Mr. Yamamoto obtained his law degree (JD) from Universidad Iberoamericana in 2004. In addition, Mr. Yamamoto obtained his LL.M. degree from Northwestern University School of Law in 2009.
Prior to re-joining Creel, García-Cuéllar, Aiza y Enríquez S.C. in 2014, Mr. Yamamoto worked as an associate in a Mexico City law firm focusing on Real Estate, Corporate Law and Infrastructure, as well as in a transnational public company.
Some of the most relevant matters he has worked on include:
- Counsel to IGS CKD Industrial Assets in the acquisition of a portfolio of 31 industrial warehouses.
- Counsel to PGIM in the sale of a portfolio of 31 industrial properties.
- Counsel to Belmond in the acquisition of a hotel for expansion purposes.
- Counsel to Macquarie Mexican REIT in the acquisition of a portfolio of 8 industrial warehouses.
- Counsel to O’Connor Capital Partners in the reorganization and subsequent sale of its interests in the vehicles holding the property of an important mixed-use project (retail and residential).
Mr. Yamamoto´s native language is Spanish and he is fluent in English.