O ur origin

The Firm was founded by Luis J. Creel Luján (1912-1977) over 85 years ago.

After concluding his law studies, Mr. Creel initiated his independent practice concentrating on the representation of foreign investors in the mining sector, which expertise has been maintained by the Firm throughout its history. From a small office located near Mexico City’s downtown, in Avenida Juárez, and a four lawyer team, our Firm has evolved into a well-established full service corporate law firm, with offices in Mexico City and Monterrey, and a legal staff of more than 200 professionals, offering its national and international clients superior legal advice in a wide array of specialized areas of law.

We have worked on many of the most significant business and legal developments in Mexico of the past 85 years, from the formation of industrial groups and securities firms during the 70s and 80s, through the challenging restructurings and privatization programs of the 90s, to the recent design of complex M&A and private equity structures, as well as the development of innovative sophisticated financial instruments-.

Mr. Creel laid the foundation for a strong tradition that is still embodied by the Firm today. We continue to expand upon this tradition of leadership and creativity and strive to provide a service of excellence in every aspect of our practice.