Our Insurance and Reinsurance Practice brings together the talent of professionals with substantial experience in the regulatory, corporate, contractual and contentious aspects of the insurance and reinsurance industries.
The work of our Insurance Practice includes:
- incorporation, licensing and operation of insurance businesses
- obtaining authorizations for insuring Mexican cross border risk
- structuring of new insurance products and lines of business
- mergers and acquisitions of insurance companies and insurance brokerage firms
- regulatory compliance advice
- administrative disciplinary procedures
Our insight into the reinsurance industry has helped position our Reinsurance Practice among the few and most experienced in Mexico. We represent reinsurers and reinsurance intermediaries in connection with the negotiation and drafting of reinsurance and retrocession agreements, the legal review and design of reinsurance structures, captives, regulation and market conduct, and the registration of foreign reinsurers.
Chambers and Partners Latin America (www.chambersandpartners.com) describes our Insurance Practice in the following terms:
“These lawyers offer an efficient and responsive service, as well as having a wealth of experience in insurance matters.”
“The largely international clientele of this long-standing firm demonstrates the caliber of its growing insurance practice.”
Legal 500 (www.legal500.com) describes our practice as:
“Burgeoning corporate powerhouse Creel, García-Cuéllar, Aiza y Enríquez, S.C. is one of the few full-service firms to seek to develop an insurance practice and the practice has achieved a healthy market share.”