The result of our extensive corporate, employment and labor and tax practices, over time our Firm has developed a specialized practice focused on handling social security matters for employers. Our practice includes advising on due diligence and other transactional matters arising in the context of corporate transactions and acquisitions, as well as advising on compliance and litigation involving social security contributions, liabilities and benefits.
More specifically our Social Security team focuses on the following:
- Conducting due diligence regarding social security matters in the context of M&A, spin-offs, employee transfers and employee hiring.
- Handling social security and tax assessments and resolutions issued by the corresponding authorities.
- Handling annual risk social security inspections, and annual determinations of risk insurance premiums.
- Advising clients on all aspects of social security compliance
- Handling all kinds of administrative processes, including registrations before the Mexican Social Security Institute, employer’s substitution with respect to the workmen’s compensation insurance and cancellation of tax assessments.
- Challenging tax assessments and final resolutions issued by the Mexican Social Security Institute and the National Fund for Employees’ Housing Institute, which includes handling administrative appeals, annulment suits before the Federal Administrative and Tax Court and Amparo suits before the Federal Court.