Our Firm has been at the forefront of the aviation industry in Mexico for the last two decades, having worked on some of the largest transactions in the sector, including privatizations, acquisitions and securities offerings by domestic airlines and airports.
Our work includes mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financings, competition, regulatory, and labor.
Below is a list (which is organized in alphabetical order based on our client’s name) of selected matters which, is intended to give a brief indication of our experience in the aviation sector:
- Counsel to Acciones y Valores Banamex, S.A. de C.V., Casa de Bosla Integrante del Grupo Financiero Banamex and Citigroup Global Markets Inc., as underwriters, in the initial public offering of Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte (OMA).
- Counsel to Acciones y Valores Banamex, S.A. de C.V., Casa de Bolsa Integrante del Grupo Financiero Banamex and Credit Suisse, as underwriters, in the initial public offering of Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico (GAP)
- Counsel to Aimia Inc in the acquisition, from Grupo Aeromexico, of an additional 20% equity participation in Premier Loyalty & Marketing S.A.P.I. de C.V., owner and operator of Club Premier, Mexico´s leading loyalty program.
- Counsel to Consorcio Aeromexico, S.A.B. de C.V. in the sale/privatization of Mexicana and Aeromexico airlines.
- Counsel to Discovery Americas I in the joint venture with Televisa, Inbursa and TACA, to establish a “green-field” low-cost airline, which operates under the tradename Volaris.
- Counsel to Delta Air Lines in connection with certain joint cooperation agreement with Grupo Aeromexico regarding transborder filghts, and the corresponding approval from the Federal Economic Competition Commission.
- Counsel to Groupe Aeroplan Inc., in its strategic investment in Aeromexico’s Club Premier frequent flyer program and in the transformation of Club Premier into Mexico’s first stand-alone broad based coalition loyalty program.
- Counsel to Grupo ADO, S.A. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest bus transportation operators, in the acquisition of a 49% interest in Inversiones y Técnicas Aeroportuarias, S.A. de C.V., (ITA), the strategic partner of Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste, S.A.B. de C.V., (ASUR), which operates nine airports in Mexico and the concurrent acquisition of a 12.58% interest in ASUR directly.
- Counsel to the Katz family in the acquisition of Transportes Aeromar, S.A. de C.V., (Aeromar) one of Mexico´s airlines which operates domestic and international flights.
- Counsel to US Airways Group in connection with the pre-merger filing regarding the strategic business combination with American Airlines.
- Counsel to Volaris and its existing shareholders, Protego Air, Discovery Americas I and Taca-Avianca, in the sale of 50% equity stake in Volaris owned by Televisa and Inbursa, as a result of a competitive unsolicited offer delivered to the shareholders of Volaris by one of its competitors.
- Counsel to Volaris in connection with the pre-merger notification to the Federal Competition Commission regarding the indirect acquisition of a participation in its capital stock by Indigo Partners LLC.