We have ample experience handling transactional work for domestic and international media companies, including television and radio broadcasters and print media companies.
Our work encompasses mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financings and competition, as well as the handling of certain regulatory aspects.
Below is a list (which is organized in alphabetical order based on our client’s name) of selected matters which, is intended to give a brief indication of our experience in the aviation sector:
- Counsel to Bank of America, N.A., as administrative agent, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, and Merrill Lynch, Pierce Fenner & Smith in a revolving financing to Tenedora de Cines, S.A. de C.V., MCH Lux I and Carbondale, S.L., Sociedad Unipersonal (acting through its branch Carbondale, S.L. Co) as borrowers, guaranteed by its Mexican and off-shore subsidiaries located in Chile and Brazil. Tenedora de Cines (Cinepolis) is one of the 2 largest cinema companies in Mexico.
- Counsel to Cablemás, S.A. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest cable television operators, in connection with the acquisition of several cable systems in Mexico, including the acquisition of United Mexico Comunicaciones, S.A. de C.V. and Megapo Comunicaciones de México, S.A. de C.V., which operate in Cuernavaca, Acapulco, Chilpancingo and neighboring cities.
- Counsel to Cablemás, S.A.B. de C.V. in its two High Yield Offerings.
- Counsel to Credit Suisse in a senior secured facility to 93.9 Holdings, Inc., a subsidiary of Grupo Radio Centro, for the acquisition of a radio station (93.9 FM) in Los Angeles, California and to repay certain of its existing consolidated indebtedness, as well as for other working capital needs.
- Counsel to DLJ South American Partners LLC in the acquisition of an equity participation in the large publishing house Grupo Editorial Santillana.
- Counsel Editorial Expansión, the publisher of several magazine titles in Mexico, including Expansión and Quién magazines, in an equity investment made by Canadian fund, CDP Media Mexico, Inc., a vehicle of Capital International CDPQ Inc.
- Counsel to Grupo Medcom in connection with the setting-up and launching of its direct-to-home television business, which included negotiating an equity investment by SINCA Inbursa and a joint venture with Echostar Communications Corporation.
- Counsel to Grupo Medcom in connection with the sale of what, at that time, was the largest open broadcast radio station operator in Mexico, to Grupo Radio Centro.
- Counsel to Mandeville Partners in the acquisition of various cable companies in Mexico.
- Counsel to Mandeville Partners in the merger with Cablemás a cable TV, internet and fixed telephony provider.
- Counsel to com in the acquisition de VMK, S.A., a Chilean corporation and Inmobiliaria Web Chile, S. de R.L. de C.V., a Mexican company, and indirectly acquired 100% of the stock of Inmuebles Online, S.A.P.I. de C.V., a Mexican corporation, companies who operate “Portal Inmobiliario.com”, a Chilean real estate internet and classified advertising business and “Guiadinmuebles.com” a Mexican real estate internet and classified advertising business.
- Counsel to Olmeca Cable Investments, Ltd., a special purpose vehicle of AIG-GE Capital Latin American Infrastructure Fund, American International Underwriters Overseas, Edison Capital International, MP Mexico and Progreso Cable Ventures, in an equity investment in Cablemás, S.A. de C.V.
- Counsel to Onex Corporation and Oaktree Capital Management, LLC, in the acquisition of Grupo Cinemex, S.A. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest movie theater operators.
- Counsel to Sony Corporation and Bertelsmann AG, in connection with the pre-merger notification of their worldwide joint venture in the recorded music business.
- Counsel to Southern Cross Group and Morgan Stanley in the acquisition of Multimedios Cinemas, S.A. de C.V., and affiliates
- Counsel to Southern Cross Group and Morgan Stanley in the sale of Multimedios Cinemas, S.A. de C.V., and affiliates
- Counsel to Southern Cross Group in the acquisition from Time Inc., of 100% interest of the group of companies comprising Grupo Expansión.
- Counsel to Southern Cross Group, as controlling entity of Grupo Expansión, in the sale to MercadoLibre Mexican affiliates of 100% of the capital stock of Metros Cúbicos, S.A. de C.V., a Mexican company that operates a real estate internet and classified advertising business.
- Counsel to Time Warner Inc. in connection with the pre-merger notification to the for its merger with America Online.
- Counsel to a consortium, including Messrs. Adrian Sada and Clemente Serna in their bid to acquire the government owned Television Azteca (television network), the Television Channel 7 Network, Estudios America (film production studios), Compañía Operadora de Teatros (movie theater operator) and El Nacional newspaper from the Mexican government.